I am NOT a Bible Scholar!

I just want to share my experiences in reading the Bible over a 90 (actually 92) day timeframe. Most of my posts will be about how I felt about the reading or how I feel my daily life is changing. It might be interesting to you or it might not.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Day 88, Revelations 18-22

I missed the bus.

Not only did I literally miss the early bus home yesterday, I have been missing the bus of success everyday.  I pray everyday for God to help me live for Him to be upright, resist temptation and sin not.  Everyday the bus drives by me and I am granted the opportunity to get on, meaning I won't tell that lie, I won't judge this person, I won't use foul language. But most days I just let the bus pass me by leaving dust in my face. On my worst days I won't even attempt to catch it.

The more I read the Bible, the more I pray and mean it, the more I make conscience attempts to live for God the more obstacles come my way. I can choose to engage them, jump over them, or ask God to guide me around them.

When I decided to be obedient and read the Bible in three months I knew I was going to be blessed.  One of the greatest blessings I have received so far is realizing how much I was already blessed.

My Uncle's funeral is tomorrow. If I am honest I can not say that he was an Uncle that I spent an enormous amount of time with.  But I do know that he was an honorable man who loved his family, a mathematical genius, a charismatic speaker, one of the smartest men I ever knew.  He suffered pain that I don't want to comprehend, though he may have retreated he never caved to defeat.  I have learned so much from his life and I thank God for him.

Marshall David Ellington, now your heart will forever be mended... 1957-2010

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I know it can be hard to lose someone close to you even if you didn't know them that well. *big hugs and good thoughts*

    Second, I really love that you're keeping tabs on your walk in reading the bible and I'm really enjoying reading your back posts (^_^)

    And lastly, I actually found you by googling "Christian Blogs" and a link to your question on Blogger showed up where you asked why people don't like to read Christian blogs. I was hoping that maybe you would like to check out my blog and maybe we can link up? I really love adding new people to my blog list so that other people reading mine can be linked to others, and I am really loving your posts...so I wanted to see if it was okay if I link you and if maybe you'd be interested in doing the same? Let me know :)

    Even if you don't want to add mine, I'd still love to add yours to mine with your permission :)

    ReplyDelete