I am NOT a Bible Scholar!

I just want to share my experiences in reading the Bible over a 90 (actually 92) day timeframe. Most of my posts will be about how I felt about the reading or how I feel my daily life is changing. It might be interesting to you or it might not.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 76, John 6-15

Day 76

I would want to say it was it bad day. A sad day.  I had an error at work, and there was a death in my family. I was unhappy.  But God gives us peace beyond our own understanding.  He will answer our prayers.

Isaiah 61: 1-3
The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me because the Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the poor.  He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and to provide for those who grieve in Zion -- to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor.

My Uncle was brokenhearted. I prayed for God to heal his broken heart. He did so by taking my Uncle home. Thank you God for your mercy. Thank you for your Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment