I am NOT a Bible Scholar!

I just want to share my experiences in reading the Bible over a 90 (actually 92) day timeframe. Most of my posts will be about how I felt about the reading or how I feel my daily life is changing. It might be interesting to you or it might not.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day 81, Romans 1 - 14

HONESTY...

The end of this three month journey is rapidly approaching.  I am not sure exactly how I expected to feel by now, but I am going to say I am blessed to be feeling.  I am learning so much about my self. I thought I was good. I may have been good in the going measurements of the world today.  In the eyes of the Lord, I know was a corrupted and broken vessel.  I am by no means sin free today.  But, now I can see my sins and accept the great horrors I have been committing.  There is not any excuse or justification for my actions. I would say, " I lied because I was afraid" ( God hasn't given us a spirit of fear) Do I need to confess all of my sins to another man to really be forgiven or for them to truly believe in God's deliverance? I don't think so just know I spent many years of my life dangling my toes at the gates of hell and He was merciful enough to snatch me back. These three months are the first three months of the rest of my life

POWER, LOVE, and A SOUND MIND...

For the past two mornings I have taken public transportation into work.  People have seen me reading the Bible and it makes me feel good because I believe they are thinking I am a good person.  I believe I am probably feeling prideful; but what is proper pride?  I am proud to be a follower of Christ, how do I display it correctly? God has given us a spirit of power over sin, power over principalities, power over pride and haughty hearts.  I need the knowledge to discern when I am exerting my given power or my fleshly pride.

I WANT TO BE A GOOD STEWARD...

I tell the Lord, I want to work unto Him, be a wife and mother unto Him, I want to check with Him before I make any decision.  Is this true? Do I really mean this because I love Him and I appreciate all He has given me? Or am I saying this because I am hoping He will bless me with more because of my stewardship? I have buried so many talents. Will God restore them if I go get a shovel?

I believe, Lord help my unbelief.

No comments:

Post a Comment