I am NOT a Bible Scholar!

I just want to share my experiences in reading the Bible over a 90 (actually 92) day timeframe. Most of my posts will be about how I felt about the reading or how I feel my daily life is changing. It might be interesting to you or it might not.

Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 63, Ezekiel 48 - Daniel 8

Question...

Do we thwart the answering of our prayers? I mean if we are continuously praying for something, when we see it start to happen to we do something to sabotage it?  If my prayer is for a peaceful home and I have experienced 10 days of peace; I would notice, right?  On day 11, I might pick a fight with my spouse just so I can ask God why wasn't He answering my prayers. 

God please send me a new job... God I really need you to deliver me a job.
( Have you started sending out applications)

God please heal my relationship with my siblings...God I am still waiting on a break through in these relationships.
( Have you called them or sent them a card or even analyzed why you are not as close as you should be)

Lord, Lead us not into temptation... I am being tempted at every turn.
(How are you living your life have you continued down the same path or have you tried to change your ways and follow me.  If your temptation is sexual, stop partying and drinking to the point where your conscience escapes you.  If your temptation is lying, take the time to really think about what you are saying before you say it. Be willing to face the consequences of your actions.)

These are just some of the things that have been on my mind.  Fill your life with God and you will live a God filled life.

Dying to the desires of my flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment