Since this is the first day of the blog some might think this is the first day of the three months. Well, it isn't. Today is day eleven and I am terribly behind (1 1/2 days). It is not good to make excuses but I am going to anyway... It is not my fault I am behind! I am being forced to read the Bible aloud to my husband in an effort to get him to read the Bible period. He feels uncomfortable reading the Bible alone because of his questions. He asked if I would read with him, but he really just wants me to read to him.( It is like story time for him. Too bad for me he hasn't offered to read once in these past 11 days) But I want him to learn God's word and become more familiar with it so I just keep reading. Even when he falls asleep and leaves me to read several chapters aloud to myself until I realize he is sleeping. If he didn't snore I may never know he was asleep.
Also, when I try to catch him up, I will ask, " What is the last thing you remember me reading?" To my extreme irritation he will reply, " I can't remember just start reading and I will see what I can remember".
What do you mean you can't remember? You can't remember anything at all before you dozed off? Do you think I like reading out loud for a hour to the air? My throat and mouth is very dry try so remember something buddy!!! (I don't actually say this to him just feelings)
That is neither here nor there, just a simple explanation as to why I am behind on my daily reading. We will catch up tonight, guaranteed.
With all of that out of the way, I will let everyone know 11 things I am glad about:
1. I am glad God has given me the grace to continue reading regardless of distractions
2. I am glad God has given me the grace to read every chapter of Exodus even when I felt like they weren't really relevant to my Christian walk.
3. I am glad my husband is listening to the Bible, hearing is just as powerful as reading.
4. I am glad that I do not own a gun, because I may have killed a man yesterday based on somethings he said about Christ. All based on mythological facts. --- I might discuss this more in detail after the fury has left my system.
5. I am glad God is merciful.
6. I am glad some of my family members and friends are participating in this quest.
7. I am glad I am alive.
8. I am glad that I am finding the time when it always seems like there isn't enough time.
9. I am glad I have been using less profane language since I began reading.
10. I am glad I am praying more than I have in years.
11. I am glad God forgives.