I am NOT a Bible Scholar!

I just want to share my experiences in reading the Bible over a 90 (actually 92) day timeframe. Most of my posts will be about how I felt about the reading or how I feel my daily life is changing. It might be interesting to you or it might not.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 19, Judges 16 - 1 Samuel 2

I arrived home to an empty house.  Yes, I was so excited. I have a few moments to settle in without any distractions. I change and get started on dinner. (Light Bulb) I can listen to the Bible while I am cooking. I use www.BibleGateway.com . I don't like the narrator's voice that much, but he is doing the job.  I have listened to about 5 chapters by the time I have the Salmon in the oven. Then I hear a terrible whining sound and scratching noises. Oops! I hadn't let my dog out of the cage since I'd been home. Sorry Kyo, I know what it's like holding it all day.
I let him out, then the phone rang, Gary and Tyler came home, and I just stopped listening. Finally, a few hours later I picked the Bible up and began reading where I left off listening. I read until I fell asleep. (When I should have been reading until the final chapter.) Tonight, I have several chapters to read to catch up. But I don't have that same feeling I had when I fell behind before.  Some may not understand but I feel much more peaceful than I have felt in years. I am not saying that I don't still get angry, irritated, or frustrated. I am saying that I find it much easier to let those feelings go.

Question for the day:  Do you think that listening to the Bible is cheating if you are on a "reading" program?

Day 20, 1 Samuel 3 - 15

2 comments:

  1. Not if you are truly listening to what is being read to you....You are trying to get an understanding and closeness with God....I personally do not think you are cheating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It isn't cheating as long as it is James Earl Jones or Billy D Williams doing the reading

    ReplyDelete