I am NOT a Bible Scholar!

I just want to share my experiences in reading the Bible over a 90 (actually 92) day timeframe. Most of my posts will be about how I felt about the reading or how I feel my daily life is changing. It might be interesting to you or it might not.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 25, 1 Kings 8 - 16

Who do you serve? Who do you live to please?  As I read through 1 Kings I am amazed at how men could experience so many signs and wonders from God and still not believe in and serve him only.  This makes me think of human satisfaction. I probably should say human unsatisfaction.  We are always looking for more blessings instead of continually thanking the Lord for what He has already done. 

The Lord appeared to Solomon twice. He granted him wisdom and riches, still Solomon worshipped other other gods because he was influenced by his wives.  How can you be influenced by anyone after the Lord has appeared to you?  The the same can be said about some people today. They will pray for something and God will answer that prayer, but they do not remain faithful.

"God please do this one thing for me and I will do such and such for you." Do you honor your commitments to Him?

I am not trying to make this post sound sermon like but this is where my mind is.  I have been able to take some real hard looks at myself lately. I don't like everything I see.  But I am grateful with all that I am that I can still see a glimpse of God in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment