I am NOT a Bible Scholar!

I just want to share my experiences in reading the Bible over a 90 (actually 92) day timeframe. Most of my posts will be about how I felt about the reading or how I feel my daily life is changing. It might be interesting to you or it might not.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 26, 1 Kings 17 - 2 Kings 4

Do I know how to multi-task my heart? I know this might sound weird but this is a reality for me.  When I dedicate myself to one thing, I sometimes neglect the other important things in my life.
This is my weekday schedule
5:30am -  wake up
6:15am - leave for work
7:45am - 4:30pm - work
6:15pm - arrive home from work
6:15pm - 10pm- Try to settle in and spend time with the family which includes:

                          cook dinner 1- 2 hours ( I have no clue how Rachel Ray does it in 30 minutes)
                          eat dinner as a family 1.5 hours
                          dishes and clean kitchen 45minutes
                          family movie 2hours
                          dog time 30mins
                          read bible  1.5hours

If I do the math correctly,  from 6:15-10 is 3.75 hours.  If I add all the things I want to try to complete in an evening it adds up to 7.25 hours.  That means I am in the negative by 3.5 hours.

I am going to be honest.

I don't clean up the kitchen most nights. (That was hard to type) Each day I let my dog out while I am trying to finish the dishes from the night before and cook dinner for the evening, which means I am not really paying the dog any attention. Plus he is an Italian Mastiff he needs way more exercise than what I am providing.
At dinner time, I am so busy eating that I am not really talking or giving Gary and Tyler the attention they deserve.  When we start watching a family movie, I am on the computer trying to read some of my Bible chapters for the day. Tyler might say, "Hey did you see that?" And I will have to ask him to rewind it because I was engrossed in King Ahab's ignorance and Elijah's obedience.

I need to learn time management. I really can't go any further than this right now.
 Pray for me and I will pray for you even if you don't pray for me.

Tomorrow's reading is 2 Kings 16 - 25 

1 comment:

  1. You beat yourself up over the slightest thing....You have been that way as long as I can remember...Trying to change your old ways is going to take a lot of work. I think you should concentrate on finishing the bible. Write down all the things you think are your issue with yourself and work on them after you have finished your 3 month task. Adding something new to correct in yourself just does not fit in to your already negative schedule. Start loving yourself more and things will fall into place...well sorta

    ReplyDelete