I am NOT a Bible Scholar!

I just want to share my experiences in reading the Bible over a 90 (actually 92) day timeframe. Most of my posts will be about how I felt about the reading or how I feel my daily life is changing. It might be interesting to you or it might not.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 35, Nehemiah 1 - 13

Faithfulness...
Honoring the Lord's commandments...
The joy of the Lord is my strength...

This is what is on my heart right now. I think I know what to do to remain faithful to the Lord, yet, I don't always succeed in doing it. But the same way He delivered the Israelites I have to believe He will deliver me.

What does God require of me? It feels like He requires more than I can complete. But that is just my laziness and my flesh.  If I fill myself with His Word continuously It will overpower my flesh.

The joy of the Lord...  How do you know you have the joy of the Lord?  I think having the Joy of the Lord means that every time I hear His name I should shiver. Whenever calamity comes I still shout my love for Him and sin not.  When I read His Word I should feel His presence, and I should be overwhelmed to the point of tears.  I believe, I should feel and act this way if I have the joy of the Lord.  I am not sure if I am misunderstanding what the joy of the Lord is.  Please pray with me that I will find the truth in this matter.  I want to be strong in Him. If I am strong in Him, it will spread throughout my family and they will be saved. If I am strong in Him, He will bless the work of my hands. If I am strong in Him, He will take away the need for gossip and irritation and replace it with speaking goodness and spreading gladness. If I am strong in Him I will be wise in all of my relationships. If I am strong in Him my son will notice this and want to follow Him also. If I am strong in Him I will not feel the need to please other humans and act cowardly. If I am strong in Him I will be delivered and my light will shine before men.

Pray for one another it is the best gift you can give.

Tomorrow's reading is Esther 1 - Job 7
May God add a Blessing to the hearers, readers, and followers of HIS HOLY WORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment